Parents are able to create a login for their children through the family portal. The following steps will guide you through that process.
1. Parents would first need to log into their personal account.
2. Once logged in, you will be taken to your dashboard where you will be able to see your family members to the right.
3. If your child is not currently linked to your account, you will need to click on the icon to add a family member.
4. Once you have clicked the icon to add a family member, you will need to make sure you have your family Member's ID to enter into the following Member Id Box:
*Please note: If you do not have the Member ID for the family member, please reach out to your club for that information.
5. Once the family member is linked, they will appear in the "My Family" section, as seen above in step 2.
6. The next step will be to create a login for your child who is between the age of 8-17. The child will need to have their own email account to create their USA Swimming account.
7. To create an account, you (the parent) will need to click on the "View" button next to the child's name in the "My Family" section.
8. From the child's dashboard, you will need to click on the "Create a Login Account" button.
9. This will log you (the parent) out of your account and take you to the "Create A Login" page.
10. Your child will need to check their email account for their Ping One verification email. They will need to copy and paste the verification code into the box on the "Verification" page.
11. The child will then need to log in to their account.
12. Your child will then be taken to their dashboard.
13. Your child now has their own account. You can log them out and log back into your (the parent) account.
14. When you log in to the parent account, you will see your child in the "My Family" section as seen in step 2. When you click the "View" button their dashboard will show that you have created a login.
15. Should you need to remove a family member from your family, you would just click the "Remove from 'My Family'" button.